Manager Communications (24-32 hrs)
Print this vacancy
Location: Rotterdam (Netherlands)
About Den Hartogh
Den Hartogh Logistics is a privately owned Logistics Service Provider for the (petro) chemical and liquid gas industry. Standing out in the global market with high quality service and an excellent relationship with its key suppliers. Den Hartogh has integrated the logistic services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics and Dry Bulk. Den Hartogh operates a global network and is supported by more than 1600 dedicated employees in 43 worldwide offices, an advanced IT System and equipment that exceeds expectations. This network provides local support on a global scale.
Den Hartogh is a family owned business, and due to an acquisition we doubled in revenue and grew 60% of employees’ world wide. This global expansion of our business and organization drives the need to build on our strengths and continuously develop our communications strategy and our brand.
To support us in realizing our ambitions, we have a great opportunity for a: Manager Communications (24-32 hrs)
The Manager Communications is our (digital) communications leader and expert, responsible for defining Den Hartogh’s internal and external communications strategy from idea through delivery. He/she achieves this together with the Coordinator Communications and works closely together with the Commercial Director and Group HR Director, as member of the Board, reporting to the latter.
To achieve results, it is essential to feel connected to our company values: improvement, openness, respect, fun in business, initiative, engagement, people development and caring. Our values, strategy and business needs drive the way you support and guide the organization in the area of communications.
About the role
- Supports the organization in realizing the strategy and interaction with all internal and external relations.
- Creates policies and gives direction on reputation, communication and the positioning of the Den Hartogh brand.
- Creates and implements a central communication strategy with a proactive and integrated approach.
- Directs, facilitates, and professionalizes communications.
- Responsible for communications of Den Hartogh towards internal and external communities; working in a proactive manner on safety and quality in order to maintain an excellent reputation for Den Hartogh.
- Develops, together with the commercial management, the marketing plans of our services.
- Together with the Board, functions as the spokesperson for Den Hartogh and is responsible for messaging to external stakeholders.
- Has a communications approach of internal = external.
- Leads and coaches the communications coordinator in a result driven way.
- Co-responsible for excellent issue- and crisis communications.
- Works closely together with key stakeholders (board, commercial director, business & support functions and general managers of different countries) while stimulating alignment.
- Responsible for the planning of the overall event program of Den Hartogh.
- Handle templates and clear (infra) structures for in- and external communications and event management and ensure the easy adaptation for countries.
- Develops and manages the communication budget and KPI’s.
- Academic professional and intellectual abilities
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in dynamic and international organisation; affinity with Transport and Logistics is a plus
- Proven experience with digital and social media
- Leading content management and trends in the field of (brand) communication, media, and digital
- Strong in stakeholder management
- Management experience
- Strong skills in (online) writing and content framing
- Knowledge of employer branding in all its aspects
- Knowledge of proactive and integrated communication and issue management
- Strong in defining a strategy and translating it into a plan
- Dutch and English native level
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, especially PowerPoint
- Customer focused and sense of hospitality
- Proactive and a strong drive to constantly improve and achieve results
- A team player who drives co-creation and is able to engage others
- Strong drive for personal development; high level of learning agility and flexibility
- Humor and no nonsense mentality
What we offer
We offer an interesting position with a high degree of responsibility in a growing and informal organisation. The role offers opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the role you can contact Annelies Balistreri (Group HR Director) via 06-52454332.
An assessment will be part of the selection process.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
|Educational level:||Master Degree (Universiteit)|
|Hours per week:||Other|
|Required experience:||Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)|
Search in careers
If you can't find a career that suits you, apply without selecting a specific career by using an open applicationOpen application