Print this vacancy
Location: Rotterdam (Netherlands)
ABOUT DEN HARTOGH
Den Hartogh Logistics is a family owned Logistics Service Provider for the (petro) chemical and liquid gas industry. We stand out in the global market because of our high quality service and our excellent relationship with key suppliers.
Den Hartogh has integrated the logistic services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics and Dry Bulk. Den Hartogh operates a global network and is supported by more than 1600 dedicated employees in 43 worldwide offices, an advanced IT System and equipment that exceeds expectations. This network provides local support on a global scale.
To achieve results it is essential to feel connected to our company values: improvement, openness, respect, fun in business, initiative, engagement, people development and caring.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The business unit Dry Bulk operates its own fleet of Intermodal Bag in Box containers regionally in Europe/Scandinavia and Asia. The division is administered from its Offices of Excellence in Hull and Singapore with support from Group Headquarters in Rotterdam and all the other 40 Den Hartogh operating centres. With this network and fleet of containers the division offers door to door shipments with specialist food product dedicated discharge equipment, intermediate storage, management of logistics terminals, own single use food grade inner liner bag supply and product specific technical solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will support the Dry Bulk Engineering team in Rotterdam with primary focus on developing equipment and services. This role reports to and works closely together with the Development Engineering Manager.
- Design, procure, operate and maintain all technical equipment that is part of the Dry Bulk business unit (e.g. trailers / trucks / rotary valves / compressor units / containers / pressure tankers / convey systems / filter systems) Assessment of customer project requirements and design of custom made solutions in liaison with our customers;
- Within the team help set up and design new equipment and review and improve existing equipment or services;
- Draft operations and maintenance procedures;
- Project administration, cost control;
- Help establishing and maintaining the Den Hartogh quality level and equipment standards.
QHSE is paramount in our services;
- Train operations staff for operating our equipment and organiz regular (annual) retraining.
- Middle level technical-mechanical education with proven technical skills in both field and office (MTS or equivalent);
- 0-2 years working experience;
- Skilled in working with AutoCAD 2D & 3D;
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent English skills, both in word and writing (all correspondence will be in English). German/French skills are a pre;
- Affinity with & knowledge of truck and trailer mechanics, pneumatic convey systems, hydraulics and electrics both in office and field is a pre;
- A practical, hands-on and pro-active approach is essential, as you will have active part in trial loadings/discharges;
- Amiable/contactable person with the skills to instruct and educate;
- Ability to contact/approach customers and suppliers in a professional and comprehensive style, customer service is a key word within Den Hartogh;
- Commercial common sense in technical sales/procurement is a pre;
- No 9 to 5 mentality;
- Strong at multitasking;
- In possession of a driving license B and own car;
- In possession of a VCA certificate basic safety awareness or willing to complete a training VCA;
- Prepared to travel frequently; the scope of this role is global.
- You are living in or near Rotterdam.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer an interesting position with a high degree of responsibility in a growing, informal and international organisation. The role offers opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the role you can contact Frank van Kuik via +31 62300 7757.
|Educational level:||Vocational Qualifcation (MBO)|
|Hours per week:||40 Hours|
|Required experience:||Entry Level|
Search in careers
If you can't find a career that suits you, apply without selecting a specific career by using an open applicationOpen application